SEEDS is an Icelandic non-governmental, non-profit-organisation with international scope. SEEDS’ main field of activities are related to the promotion of volunteering and cultural understanding through work on nature-oriented, outdoor and environmental issues. SEEDS, with the support of the European Solidarity Corps (ESC), offers opportunities to young people (18-30 years old) to be a volunteer in Iceland for a specific period of time (usually 5 months).
European Solidarity Corps with SEEDS in 2023
Duration of Activity 1: 11.09.2023 – 11.02.2024 (5 months).
Vacancies: 9 ESC volunteers. For volunteers from Austria (Vorarlberg), Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czechia, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain or Ukraine.
Deadline to apply: 21.04.2023, 16.00 (GMT).
Selection/interview process: some time at the end of April / beginning of May – dates to be confirmed.
- Environment Camp Leader – volunteers who assist in coordinating and participating in the international Nature & Conservation workcamps around Iceland, and in the winter environment educational activities and virtual camps, as well as social solidarity projects in Reykjavík. They also act as a link between the Icelandic hosts and the international short-term volunteers.
- Photography Camp Leader – volunteers who assist in coordinating and participating in the international camps relating to photography, environmental awareness, and coordinating our arts and culture projects in Reykjavík. They also participate in our social solidarity projects in Reykjavík.
- Public Relations & Communications Volunteer – volunteers who are based in our office in Reykjavík and who assist in the creation and management of online content in SEEDS social media accounts; as well as keeping up-to-date quality and performance procedures; and participating in SEEDS artistic, cultural and educational activities. They also participate in our social solidarity projects in Reykjavík.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to send the following information in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Curriculum Vitae) – max two pages
- A motivation letter for the specific project you are interested in – max one page
- Completed SEEDS questionnaire – you can find it here
Profile of candidates
- Interested in environmental issues
- Interested to spend time with people from all over the world
- Positive and flexible
- Ready to work outside
- Ready to lead international groups
What is included
- Pocket money
- Training & Support
- Travel grant – the volunteers buy their own ticket and get reimbursed (up to the travel grant defined by distance) after the end of the project, once the volunteer has filled out the final report.
Loe ka eelmiste vabatahtlike kogemuste kohta
- Benedikte: 6 kuud Islandil. Tean nüüd, millega ma pean tegelema, et olla õnnelik
- Minu Island. Minu inimesed. Minu ESC – Etheli kogemus vabatahtlikuna!
- Issand Island – Marelle töölaager festivalil!