Tallinna Lasteaed Vikerkaar is an educational institution, which provides pre-school child care and education. The working language of Tallinna Lasteaed Vikerkaar is Estonian.
We have a total of 11 groups which are distributed as follows:
- 9 groups for children aged 3-7 years;
- 2 groups for children aged 1,5-3 years.
Vision: Tallinna Lasteaed Vikerkaar values health promotion and teaches environmental sustainability, where a professional and trustworthy team organizes child-centered learning, providing the child with the necessary pre-school knowledge and developing the child into a happy learner.
Mission: Tallinna Lasteaed Vikerkaar is aiming to provide joyful days for the child and peace of mind for the parents, that the child is kept and protected in a kindergarten, which values health promotion and a supportive environment for diverse development.
- CARE – We care about each other and show interest and willingness to help children, parents, and co-workers.
- HEALTH – We pay attention to a healthy diet and lifestyle. We encourage the child’s emotional, social, mental and physical development through various health promotion activities.
- COOPERATION – We support communication between adults and children based on mutual trust. We are open and happy partners for different interest groups.
- SAFETY – We create a safe, playful and developing environment for children.
The kindergarten is located in Tallinn, Estonia. Specifically, it is located in the Haabersti district. The kindergarten has a spacious courtyard with a mini-stadium and a bicycle playground, as well as, a gym, which provides numerous possibilities for physical activities. In close proximity to the kindergarten is Õismäe Pond with a green park. The adjacent park is offering a chance for heaps of outdoor study opportunities, study visits, sport activities and hiking road.
Work tasks and proposed activities
The volunteer’s job depends largely on what the individual wants to do. There are indefinite possibilities to help teachers and parents with variety of tasks.
We have provided below a list of possible tasks for the volunteer:
- Plan and carry out activities for the children in cooperation with the teachers.
- Plan the free-time activities for the children.
- Help preschoolers with reading and numeracy.
- Share your culture to children, parents, teachers and the community.
- Help children with everyday skills to improve their development; such as dressing, eating, cleaning etc.
- Help teachers aides with camps and excursions.
- Working and helping in the study garden.
- Conducting outdoor learning and exercise activities.
- Increase the opportunities for outdoor learning and play movement(sport) games with kids.
- Participate in kindergarten events. Opportunity to show your performance skills (musical, theatrical, athlete, cooking etc.).
- Decorating the interior of the kindergarten according to the season.
- Cooperate with the parents, plan and carry out conversation evenings with parents.
- Opportunity to cooperate with the community and youth center of Haabersti district.
Benefits of volunteering
If you volunteer at our kindergarten, you’ll be doing good and feeling good.
Voluntary work in our kindergarten is providing versatile possibilities. First of all, voluntary work in our kindergarten is a fun and easy way to explore for an individual to explore their interests. In addition, the volunteer will have an opportunity to observe daily teachings and educational work closely and challenge themselves to contribute in these study activities. The voluntary work is offering a possibility to develop skills in the main following areas at our kindergarten: environmental education, gardening and cooking, information technology integration, and robotics.
The volunteer will receive a chance to learn new skills daily and improve the existing skills. Volunteering in the kindergarten is a great way for the individual to build their confidence and take a step out of the comfort zone. Voluntary work at the organization provides a valuable work experience, the volunteer can acquire essential team-working and problem-solving skills. Working in the kindergarten is a tremendous chance to improve physical and mental health, inspect how you cope with daily stress and unexpected situations. Further benefit as a volunteer is that they will have a chance to detect Estonian culture intently and have an opportunity to meet new people and make friends.
In addition to the above, the volunteer will feel valued and appreciated because they will become a positive role model for children. Kids bring a lot of joy, so the volunteer is able to gather countless happy memories.
Requirements of the volunteer
Volunteers are expected from all walks of life. If you consider yourself as a person who is passionate about education and adores helping children and young people – we are waiting for you.
We expect the individual volunteering have the following personalities: compassionate and kind; conscientious and responsible; enjoy helping others, playful and care about children; want to help kids feel confident and happy. We await an individual to develop themselves in the areas of their likings.
Also, we hope the volunteer would like to share the organization some of their skills or passion, for example: their culture, music and arts, science and technology, sports and health, gardening and food.