Burnout training in youth work and volunteering 6.10-15.10 in Latvia.
It will gather 30 youth workers and 3 trainers from Latvia, Romania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Germany, Italy, Lithuania,
Poland and Portugal.
Four main thematic blocks of the programme:
- getting to know each other and creating a free and supportive space for participants to explore the topics (a short online meeting will
be organised prior to the mobility to achieve this);
- sharing best practices in volunteering work;
- identify and cultivate resources to prevent burnout and develop self-care practices;
- networking and developing action plans for further work.
Participants should be directly involved in the work with youth as mentors, coaches, trainers, peer educators, social workers, teachers or other type of support person.
Participants should be able to participate in the training course for its full duration, willing to organise a follow-up workshop or other event with aim to share their learnings from Latvia back in their countries, as well to understand and communicate in English which will be the main language throughout the course.
This unique program has been designed with three main objectives:
1) to enrich participants’ competences in work with youth that are facing emotional and/or mental challenges
(such as anxiety, low self-confidence, complete lack of motivation, inability to work alone or build healthy
2) people working in the youth field tend to not take care enough of their emotional hygiene and together with the overload of
the work it can lead to the burn-out situation. Therefore a part of the course will be dedicated to this topic;
3) besides two above mentioned topics we will also focus on volunteering as a tool in general development of young person.
Prepare for quite an intense work, continuous creation, sharing and amazing moments together!
We kindly encourage you to find and choose the type of travel insurance that covers Covid19 situations,including flight
cancellation or delays.
You are welcome to arrive in Latvia a day or two earlier and depart later but note that stay in Latvia outside the official program of the course is at your own expense.
Accomodation and food
Anyways, as the coordinator of this project is an environmental organisation and as the meat industry is one of the most
harming industries for our home, the training course is going to be strictly vegetarian.
This project is possible thanks to financial support from the Erasmus+: Youth Programme. Costs for accommodation, food and activities during the training course will be covered from the project budget.
We will also cover the PCR Covid-19 tests if necessary.