This camp will be organized by APRISOF, an environmental NGO focused in the protection of rivers in the district of Porto, Portugal. We promote volunteering activities, environmental training and eduction. The camp integrates the Municipality of Lousada’s sustainability agenda, that includes many environmental projects, always in cooperation with local communities. This camp will be organized by a team of biologists experienced in both science and animation.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about environmental management and nature conservation, and engage in conservation-training activities in the rivers Sousa and Mezio, which need cleaning and ecological restoration in some parts. Volunteers will also get to see and learn about our flora and fauna, local culture, food, etc.
– Promotion of sustainability, environmental awareness, and biodiversity protection;
– Promotion of intercultural relationships, good environmental practices, and citizenship;
– Promotion of specific skills in the field of environmental management, nature protection and biodiversity.
– Ecological training;
– River restoration activities;
– Control of alien invasive species;
– Restoration of riparian forest with litter cleaning, and trees plantation;
– Beneficiation of local fauna, flora, and landscape;
– Encouragement of international exchange and exchange of experience;
– Presentation and discussion of the natural and social reality of the regions of origin of the participants;
– Promotion of environmentally and socially responsible attitudes and values;
– Development of action-training actions focused on individual and collective learning.
– Visit to Guimarães, a UNESCO world heritage city.
– Sketch’n Fun (Pictionary), music, environmental movies night, traditional games, sports, quiz night, talks, cultural and environmental tours, fauna (bats, amphibians, birds) and flora observation, visit to museums, visit to Mata de Vilar.
Participants will sleep in a school of Lousada, in shared rooms with (good) sleeping mattresses. There will be several separated rooms for boys and for girls. The school has a sports locker room with hot water showers also separated by gender. Participants have to bring their own towels and hygiene products, sleeping bag or sheets+blanket, and pillow. The organization will provide breakfasts, lunches, break snacks, and dinners. Lunches and dinners are prepared/cooked by the municipality’s staff and served at the school’s canteen, but some lunches will be served in the field (sandwiches, fruits, etc.). There’s a vegetarian option.
See projekt ei olnud päris sinu jaoks? Veel projekte leiad andmebaasist: https://goo.gl/DzqcfY
Soovid teada rohkem korralduslikust poolest ja kandideerimisest? Vaata siia: https://estyes.ee/voimalused/vabatahtlikuna-maailmas/