The Marsinne Folk Festival is organized by the non-profit organisation «Musiques et Traditions» since 1992. This three-day long Folk Festival features balls, concerts, dancing workshops, a free stage, sessions, street and puppet theatre, as well as a market for instrument makers and craftsmen. Whether you are an experienced dancer, an enthusiastic music lover or a one-day passer-by, this is the place to be if you want to indulge in traditional music in a peaceful and easily accessible setting. Expect to find a friendly and family-oriented festival with a unique atmosphere and set in a spectacular location. When it is not on one of the three stages, musicians play spontaneously together, in the middle of the public or in the craft market. The lovely surroundings of the Marsinne castle-farm offer a unique atmosphere to the festival. We invite you to discover and enjoy what the oldest festival of traditional music Wallonia has to offer! More information (FR) on www.folkfestivalmarsinne.be
Volunteers will help on several aspects of the festival logistics, such as meals preparation for the entire team of the festival, assembling and dismantling of tents and structures, building and putting up the decorations, stage- managing, transport and unloading of material, installation of the market area, waste management,… Volunteers will work with all people working on the festival (technicians, stage managers, facilitators, organizers, cooks…). Hard physical work will be asked to volunteers so it is important to take this into account. Volunteers will also have lighter tasks like meal preparation, waste management, decorations,… The festival
will take place from September 11th to September 13th 2020.
Majutus ja toitlustus
Volunteers will sleep in tents during the workcamp. The living conditions are rudimentary close to conditions of a “scout camp”. Please bring your sleeping bag, mattress and toiletries. Nights can be very cold in Belgium.
Before and after the festival, meals will be taken with the diverse teams of the festival. Sandwiches will be prepared for lunch and a warm meal for dinner. During the festival, volunteers will receive meal tickets to get warm meals from the caterer of the site.
The castle-farm of Marsinne, built in the XII century, is located in the old village of Couthuin (Commune of Héron), in the Province of Liège in Wallonia in Wallonia, the French-speaking part of Belgium. The site of the festival is about 10km away from the city of Huy and 40km away from the city of Liège. The caste-farm hosts also a brewery that produce a craft beer: the «Léopold 7».
- This workcamp requires hard physical efforts at some moments and an active participation and involvement of volunteers during the workcamp, due to the deadlines set for the good progress of the festival. Volunteers are asked to prove a strong interest for the thematic of the festival. There will be 3 free days during the workcamp: two days during and one day after the festival.
- It is also important to take into account the fact that the organisation of a festival might be subject to last minutes changes or unforeseen events (for example: the truck to unload doesn’t show up at the predicted time, a technical issue will delay the assembly of a stage,…). We are therefore expecting volunteers to be flexible and understanding in this kind of situation.
- Please bring good working shoes, gloves, clothes that can get dirty and a raincoat in case of rainy weather (+ sleeping bag & mattress). If you have a music instrument or juggling material, feel free to bring it! And your dancing outfit!
- One or two evening will be organize to initiate volunteers to folk dances.
- A project-related motivation letter is required.
Loe läbi eelpool mainitud info. Kui sa soovid osaleda, siis anna sellest meile teada või registreeri siin.
See projekt ei olnud päris sinu jaoks? Veel projekte leiad andmebaasist: //goo.gl/DzqcfY
mis on töölaager?
Workcamp ehk töölaager on nii noortele kui ka täiskasvanutele loodud vabatahtliku tegevuse vorm, kus inimesed saavad anda oma panuse kogukonda kuid siiski avastada ja õppida uue kultuuri kohta. Programmid on rahastatud kas organisatsioonide enda toel või mõneti ka riiklike abidega, mistõttu tingimused ja ka isiklik osalustasu erineb riigiti. Laagreid toimub üle maailma, kilpkonnade päästmisest kuni festivalide korraldamiseni! Tekkis rohkem huvi? Võid meile julgelt [email protected] kirjutada! Soovid teada rohkem korralduslikust poolest ja kandideerimisest? Vaata siia: //estyes.ee/vabatahtlikuna-maailmas/