Description of the activity
In the town of Rouillon (2300 inhabitants) we are searching for an ambassador of an eco-friendly lifestyle, who can educate children, young people and adults about the environment and environmental action. No need to be an expert… just full of motivation about this subject and willing to share it with locals. The main objectives will be to improve the status of the school canteen by working on sustainable initiatives, and to promote carbon-free travel by leading various projects with the school and community.
– travel tickets are covered (275€ to 360€ depending on the country you live in)
– the volunteer will receive information about the accommodation (with the inhabitant of the town)
– the volunteer will be insured. «CIGNA» covers health and medical costs
– every month the volunteer will receive 360€ for food money and pocket money
– the volunteer will have meal for free at noon in the school canteen
– the volunteer will have a bicycle and a local transport card, which includes buses and trams. Rouillon is well served by public transport and is 5km from the center of Le Mans by bike
The French national agency for ESC projects will run 2 seminars in which the volunteer will be invited to take part.
Profile of the participant
A volunteer between 18 and 30, fro a country of the European Union, and fully motivated! “Welcoming a young person who knows the very innovative practices of certain European countries in order to implement them naturally on a daily basis, will be a real plus for the mission. We would have a lot to learn from this young person to “green” our practices. They could inspire our agents, our children, our citizens.” No need to be an expert… just full of motivation about this subject and willing to share it with locals.