Smokinya Foundation is looking for participant for a 12-month ESC volunteering in Plovdiv, Bulgaria (Jan – Dec 2023).
What do you do?
- Support our everyday work in the office (development of activities, projects, events, school visits, coordination)
- Design and build youth social hub in Plovdiv
- Workload distribution: 70% office work, 25% field work, 5% workshop and training participation
What do you get?
- be introduced to the organisation and will be trained how we work
- get valuable experience in living and volunteering abroad
- learn each different aspect of an organisation and how it works
- contact and connect with other international volunteers
- learn about, contact and cooperate with local schools and universities
- support our administrative work
- get trained in organising an event and organise your own
By helping us and doing all above you will practice important skills and competences like:
- networking and support of local NGOs
- organisation of events – workshops, trainings, seminars, public events, discussions
- meeting local youth and promotion of mobility opportunities in EU
- informal language classes to local youth
- promotion of volunteering (European Solidarity Corps, Erasmus+ and Smokinya Foundation)
- promotion of non-formal education, lifelong learning
- media project (social networks, webpage, blog writing, visits in schools, universities, youth centres and organisations)
- project management and coordination
- project design and writing
- problem solving
- critical thinking
- strategic planning and more!