About INEX Slovakia
INEX Slovakia is a non-profit organization that provides an opportunity for young people of different national and cultural backgrounds to live and work together. Our vision represents active people with a good selfesteem, tolerance, critical thinking, general overview and willingness to help. Our mission is to help young people in their personal development through international volunteering, nonformal education and valuable spending of their free time. Main aim of volunteering activities is to provide help to the local community or to any project necessary, e.g. social, environmental, renovation, cultural etc. Activities are focused on the youth mobility and the nonformal education.
We organize various voluntary activities including International voluntary workcamps, weekend workcamps, activities within the European Solidarity Corps Programme and free time activities for children and people with special needs. We are very much involved in various educational activities, such as trainings, workshops, study parts. Promoting volunteering and raising its awareness, being part of its development and international recognition is also our work.
About the project “Part of a change”
The project involves three volunteers from three different countries. Volunteers will be involved in various activities for 11 months. The activities include: trainings, international voluntary camps, promotional activities, administrative work, and meetings of volunteers. They will meet different groups of people on these activities – young people, students, children, seniors, socially disadvantaged, people with disabilities. They will prepare events, workshops and leisure time activities while using the methods of non-formal education. Volunteers will work on their own workshop on the topic which is current in our society and according to their own interests.
Tasks and activities
- ORGANISING MEETINGS FOR OUR VOLUNTEERS. Volunteers will be in charge of the “Tea meetings”, regular meetings for our volunteers. They propose topics, create invitations, prepare the meeting room, preparing the material for the “Tea meeting”.
- PARTICIPATING AND HELPING US WITH OUR TRAININGS. ESC volunteers will participate on our trainings for the future campleaders. Due to their abilities, experiences and skills the volunteers may help and support us with the organization of these activities like buying materials, preparation of the program etc. We would welcome the creativity and initiative of the volunteers.
- BEING THE CO-LEADER ON A WORKCAMP IN SLOVAKIA. Every ESC volunteer will participate on at least one international voluntary workcamp in Slovakia. They will put all the theoretical knowledge, which they experience during the project, into practice. Being in the direct contact with the group of young people from different cultures.
- SUPPORT US WITH ADMINISTRATIVE WORK. We would like the volunteers to help us with some administrative work like sorting and copying documents and other things. They will help a bit with shopping, going to the post office and work with our web-page and database. Promoting volunteering and voluntary activities among youth is always important. That is why our ESC volunteers will visit schools and run presentations and workshops mostly about volunteering. They will be also involved in our promotional team and take care about our online media such as facebook, Instagram, linkedIn, twitter and INEX web page on daily basis www.inex.s.
- PROMOTION OF VOLUNTEERING AND ESC PROGRAMME. Volunteers will create the program for the activities; promote the activities among our volunteers and motivate them to participate on these activities. The volunteers will also contribute with organizing free-time activities for people with disabilities.
- ORGANIZING EVENTS FOR CHILDREN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
- CREATING WORKSHOP. Volunteers will have an opportunity to create their own workshop on the topic they choose. The theme of the workshop should be focused on the current situation in our society. The volunteers will present the workshop at workcamps, where we always have an educational part.
- POCKET MONEY: ESC volunteers will receive money for food together with the pocket money at the beginning of each month. They will manage the money on their own, and from these finances they will also buy their food. They will prepare food by themselves. There is a fully equipped kitchen in the flat, where they will be living.
- TRANSPORTATION: Volunteers will use public transport in Bratislava (buses, trams, trolleybuses). The mentor will help them with the orientation in the public transportation system in Bratislava.
- ACCOMMODATION: The volunteers will be living together in the fully equipped flat only 5 minutes far from the INEX Slovakia office and 5 minutes by bus from the city center. They can find laundry facilities as well as a fully equipped kitchen. Volunteers share the room with another ESC volunteer.
How to apply
Fill in the questionnaire: https://bit.ly/3k39E26 and send your CV to email@example.com.