THE COORDINATING ORGANIZATION CONCORDIA AUVERGNE
Concordia is a national, French, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1950 by English, German and French youngsters. Their aim was to enhance the values of tolerance and peace after the 2nd World War by organizing international work camps for young volunteers. Today, Concordia develops various international volunteering projects in France (work camps, European Solidarity Corps, Civil Service) and gives opportunity to French youngsters to volunteer abroad. Moreover, Concordia works with Erasmus+ Program (Youth Exchanges and Trainings).
THE HOSTING ORGANIZATION CORUM SAINT-JEAN
The Corum Saint-Jean is an association whose aim is to secure the path of young people by offering them different accommodation and catering options, and specific support for a successful transition to the professional world. But above all, the Corum is a place of exchange, diversity and conviviality, offering numerous opportunities to meet and discover. Its activities are based on a principle of solidarity and social utility. Composed of several Residences, it offers a diversity of housing. Its mission is to help residents to become autonomous and supportive citizens. Corum Saint Jean develops three main axes: Housing / Feeding / Accompanying.
- It provides accommodation and catering facilities
- It develops social mixing and diversity
- It promotes social, professional, cultural and health integration
The public concerned is a young public, aged between 16 and 30: apprentices, alternating workers, temporary workers, etc, apprentices, work experience students, workers, temporary workers, trainees…
The residents come from Clermont-Ferrand and its metropolis, the department and The residents come from Clermont-Ferrand and its metropolitan area, from the department and also from other horizons, as we have about thirty different nationalities.
ROLE AND TASKS OF THE VOLUNTEER
This individual volunteering activity will take place within the framework of the European Solidarity Corps. For 12 months, the volunteer will work in the office of Corum Saint-Jean in Clermont-Ferrand. He/she will be fully integrated in their team and will have a tutor helping him/her with assignments and daily life. Various missions will be entrusted to the volunteer, and more specifically the following ones:
- Promoting European mobility among youngsters supported by the structure, as well as public participating in the activities. For this purpose, the volunteer will be in charge of bringing them information about non-formal educational programs, sharing experiences during different meetings or events, giving his/her testimony on social media…;
- Raising awareness on intercultural topics, presenting her country and trying to fight against stereotypes. The volunteer will contribute in creating pedagogical activities, participating in workshops, organizing debates, etc.;
- Accompany the young people in the preparation and realization of collective projects promoting citizenship and living together: mobilization of a group, support in the definition of the project, preparation, valorization of the results.
- Contribute to the development of the CAP project, in particular on its “housing” axis, and to the youth activities. He/she will participate and propose activities for youngsters and local population in accordance with their needs and expectations.
- Support the communication of the projects by creating communication materials and publishing on social networks (solidarity grocery shop, shared kitchen, cooking workshops, animations…)
All these activities will be discussed with the volunteer and can be adapted according to his/her interests. Some of them will be developed in partnership with Concordia or other local youth organizations. The volunteer will also be encouraged to implement own initiatives and will benefit from qualified support of the team to do that.
We are searching for an active and motivated person with the following qualities:
- Capacity to adapt to new environment;
- Ability to communicate with different audiences;
- Interest in communicating on social networks and in the social area;
- Good level of French or motivation to learn (with at least language bases);
- Motivation to participate in European project;
- Sense of initiative and willingness to develop one’s project;
Thanks to participating in this project the volunteer will:
- Improve French (speaking/writing);
- Elaborate project management skills;
- Get to know international mobility programs and means of project granting;
- Upgrade team working skills;
- Improve pedagogical and facilitation skills;
- Learn how to work with different audiences;
- Develop ways to present his/her culture.
Activity period: from 20th April 2022 to 19th April 2023 (12 months).
Working conditions: the volunteer will work in the office of Corum St-Jean in Clermont-Ferrand (some actions may take place in differents residences managed by the association), approx. 32 hours per week. Except regular days off (Saturday and Sunday), the volunteer is entitled to 24 days of vacations spread out during these 12 months of the project.
Living conditions: The volunteer will live in Clermont-Ferrand in a residence for young adults. He/she will have a private furnished bedroom, with Internet connection and an easy access to all necessary household equipment. Clermont-Fd and its metropolitan area consists of about 467,178 inhabitants. Its University welcomes around 35 000 students, which makes it very dynamic. There are a lot of possibilities for leisure activities (sports, music, concerts, cinemas) and festivals (International Short Film Festival). The region of Auvergne is famous for natural park of volcanos, beautiful landscapes (mountains, lakes) and a lot of hiking trails around the city.
Local transport: the volunteer will be entitled to a local transport card for the purposes of the missions if necessary Financial support will be provided to cover expenses for food (7,50 € per day). Apart from that, the volunteer will receive pocket money (6 € per day)
Travel costs: will be covered based on the distance from volunteer’s country to France, but there is a maximum amount of reimbursement according to the European Solidarity Corps rules. He/she will benefit from 1 year health insurance that covers all medical expenses.
Langage: The volunteer will be given an access to Online Linguistic Support (OLS) – an online language platform that will help the volunteer to follow a personalized language course. He/she will be individually followed by dedicated tutors from Concordia and the Corum St-Jean, who will help him/her with working assignments and integration.
Fill in this link before the 31st of January 2022. You can also send any additional documents showing your motivation.