The ‘canal du midi’is a 360-km network of navigable waterways linking the Atlantic and the Mediterranean seas. Built between 1667 and 1694, it is considered to be one of the most remarkable feats of civil engineering in modern times. For the 350 years of the canal, Concordia will organize an itinerant youth exchange that will take place all along the canal, from Toulouse to the Mediterranean sea.
The aim of this project is to allow young people to discover and to raise awareness on cultural heritage meanwhile promoting economic alternatives and sustainable development. Participants will cycle, walk and navigate through the canal.
Every day there’s stopover in a different place, they will have the opportunity to exchange with local population, to participate in different workshops on environmental and heritage issues and to discover the region.
1. To raise awareness on cultural diversity, heritage and current environmental issues in Europe.
2. To foster intercultural exchange and active participation of young people at local, national an international level through heritage.
3. To foster well-being, personal and professional development and improve the employability of the participants through an European project of mobility.
4. To permit to the young people to discover and exchange about the socio-economic and environmental alternatives.
The whole project will be articulated following the non formal education methodologies and active pedagogy.
All the activities suggested must allow participants to be active in their own learning, to wonder on their own commitments and on the impact of their citizen’s choices.
The horizontal cooperation, the exchange of knowledge, and the participatives tools will facilitate this approach.
Profile of Participants
Youngsters between 18 and 30 who:
– Want to discover the territory and the territorial actors.
– Are interested in the topics of the project (sustainability, biodiversity, heritage, socio-economic alternatives).
– Want to live a rich intercultural experience.
– Motivated to do sport about 1 to 3 hours per day.
– Meetings, debates and informal moments to share with local people, specialists and other participants about the canal and how it impacts the
– Workshops about sustainability, protection of the biodiversity and economic alternatives.
– Organization of different ‘events’to meet and share with local community.
– Discovery of the territory through visits of local projects and sports activities: walk, cycling and navigation.
– Elaboration of different media related to the project (interviews, photos, videos, lives).
Majutus ja toitlustus on kaetud Erasmus+ programmi poolt. Reisirahadest tagastatakse kuni 275€.
Otsime projekti ka grupijuhti. Grupijuhile pole ülemist vanusepiiri ja grupijuht ei tasu osalustasu. Kui soovid kandideerida grupijuhiks, märgi see kindlasti kandideerides ära.
Enne kandideerimist palun veendu, et saad antud kuupäevadel osaleda.