About the organizer
Youth exchange is organized by Association Alfa Albona Association Alfa Albona was established in the year of 2011 and since then is working in the field of: youth information (regional youth information centre, Eurodesk multiplicator), mobility of young people and youth workers (evs/esc, ye, tc, study visits, international youth and children summer camps) and social entrepreneurship (proud owners of 3 national awards).
About the project
The growth of media literacy is not following the growth of the amount of information and disinformation people receive and/or produce every day. Due to non recognition of disinformation and fake news, young people are not properly informed, and they spread disinformation and fake news by sharing the content. Enchanting media literacy and critical thinking is one of priorities of Mobility for young people and youth workers under the E+ Programme and it will be the main topic of the youth exchange.
- To provide young people, especially those with fewer opportunities, with skills and tools for recognition of disinformation and fake news and with skills and tools for credible information access and critical evaluation and production of media content;
- To support youth advocacy and activism within youth empowerment as an outcome in which youth, as change actors gain the media skills to impact own lives and lives of other young people and the communities as whole;
- To experience multiculturalism through meeting and working with youngsters coming from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds;
- To discover new approaches in non-formal learning influencing youth participation;
- To become aware of European community and to use opportunities of Erasmus +programme as a tool for learning about media literacy, how to access, critically evaluate, and create media.
Profile of the participants
35 people all together (5 participants + 1 group leader per country)
– people who are interested in the topic of media literacy
* ERASMUS+ is a programme that supports young people. So we want to open our Project also for these young people. The accommodation is not suitable for people in wheelchairs, but all other impairments are welcome. If you have a young person in your group with any disability please let us know so that we can make any preparations
* LANGUAGE English is our working language. In case of additional help no worries, we are here to help!
Location and accommodation
The location of our youth exchange is summer camp Tunarica. It’s Alfa Albona camp that has 2000 m2 in the nature, just 1 minute walking to the sea. It offers a nice place for the project with plenty space to do all activities but also to relax and simple enjoy the sea and the nature. There are some rules to be applied here though: as we will be spending time in the nature and as close there are also some other facilities and touristic camp, from 23 till 06 o’clock there needs to be silent time in the camp. So we will tend to finish all our activities till 23 o’clock. The schedule will be organized and planned together, we will make sure that you explore our culture, organize for you a trip to Labin and also one hiking trip, so prepare yourself for an different adventure. Participants will be accommodated in the tents, from 2 till 4 people max from the same country group. Our tents are comfortable and waterproof.
Organizer (Alfa Albona) covers travel costs, accommodation, food and program activities. Please, pay attention, that there are the ceilings for the travel costs per every country that we can’t go above (if your ticket is more expensive, you need to cover the difference on your own)
– IMPORTANT: We reimburse the transport money ONLY if the participant will ACTIVELY take part during the whole project. You have to keep all the bills, boarding passes and every type of ticket transport with you, so that we are able to reimburse you the costs. We will reimburse you the cost here in Croatia on the last day of the activity, so make sure you take with you all receipts and necessary invoices for the costs you had. Youth leders are obligated to fill out the final report in behalf of the whole group which they represent.
- ESTONIA – 275 EUR
For entering Croatia, if coming from EU countries you don’t need to have A Covid passport or to be vaccinated, as Croatia doesn’t have the measures anymore. But in case, you need to take the quick test or PCR test to return back to your countries as this is obligated, then we will organize it for you here, no worries. Quick test cost is around 7 euro, while the PCR around 50 euro per test. We will work outdoors and pay attention all partcipants are safe and comfortable.
There are several places in which you can come close by plane: Pula (Croatia), Ljubljana (Slovenia), Trieste or Venice (Italy) so check out low costs airplane companies that are operating in mentioned cities. After you can continue your trip (bus/train) to the location. Or we can organise a taxi to pick you up. PLEASE contact us BEFORE you buy your tickets. Look for the best options and send it to us for approval. The best would be if the whole group by each organisation is travelling together. Finally, we will need all the information about your arrival and departure details in the moment you buy all the transport tickets. Please keep the original transport tickets from your travel and copies of your return tickets so you can pass it to us once you arrive to the project and be reimbursed. Some tickets you will have only when you return home, but then will send to us by regular post. Please notice to keep all your invoices as if you loose something, this can’t be reimbursed.
Meals will be provided by the organizers. Please when filling up the application form don’t forget to mention if you have some allergies or diatery needs, so that we can pass this information to the restaurant. Additionally there will be coffee breaks containing also some healthy and refreshing snacks.
Don’t forget to bring:
- Typical food / clothes / music / games or other great ideas for intercultural evening.
- Comfortable clothes for staying in the nature / Sport shoes
- Things for personal hygene /Towel / Medicines (if you are taking something) / Sun cream / Mosquite repelent / hat
- Good mood and energy to be active!