Associazione ICARUS with the support of Erasmus+ Programme organises the project “Self-empowerment to support young people” a leader training that intends to offer youth leaders and youth workers active in their own local realities but with few experiences in multicultural contexts or with intercultural groups, the skills and non formal tools useful for be active in the youth sector, and to enhance their own role as facilitators or as leader in nonformal contexts such as workcamps, youth exchanges, volunteering projects, etc.
Aims of the training
- Strengthening participants’ personal and transversal skills useful for working in multicultural and international contexts, and for managing and conducting activities aimed at young people.
- Deepen the role of youth leader, non formal education, and sharing good practices.
- To improve cross-competencies of participants such as leadership, prevention management and resolution of problems and conflicts, teamwork skills, communication, etc.
- Transferring methods and tools to manage groups and to encourage young people’s involvement, also those with fewer opportunities, in non-formal learning initiatives and social volunteering.
- Reinforcing the skills needed to accompany young people (also with fewer opportunities) in the recognition, re-elaboration and assessment of skills to make even more effective the educational impact of the initiatives where they are involved in.
- Enhancing the role of youth leader, youth workers and NGOs as complementary actors for personal and professional growth of all young people, especially those in cultural and socioeconomic/educational disadvantaged conditions.
- To share practices among partner organizations and improve the quality of youth work.
- Important. All participants’ contributions will be collected in a toolkit to be used for prepare young people to lead intercultural and multicultural groups and support learning by using non-formal education tools.
- Young people aged between 22 and 30 years old, young people experienced or at their first experience as youth leader, or as facilitator of intercultural groups/activities, or as newcomers in youth work and active in local context and within their sending organizations interested in acquiring new skills and strengthening competences in managing international groups or intercultural groups of young people coming from different socio-economic and cultural background.
- Participants should be interested or already involved in dealing with intercultural learning, conducting activities addressed to young people, to coordinate groups, to work in multicultural context and interested in the use of NF education methodologies.
- Participants are expected to take active role during the Training Course. Every participants will conduct activity/game on a selected topic of their choice.
- Participants are expected to act as multipliers once back home, to be able to use new competences in youth sector at local or international level.
- Good knowledge of English for taking active role during the activities.
Accommodation and food
Important: During the training course participants will experience similar condition as youth projects, therefore, they have to be prepared to experience basic living conditions and also itinerant setting. (:
This Training Course will be welcomed by the local community of Filaga and their local people involved in the project Terr@Terra which aim is to valorize the naturalistic-environmental, historical-cultural, artistic, artisan, enogastronomic and folkloristic resources of the Sicani territory by creating a sustainable circular-system that can promote youth employment and inclusion of disadvantaged people.
Accommodation (please read this)
Part of the group (25 participants) will be host in a basic hostel in the town of Filaga, in bank-beds in sharing rooms, like dormitory. The building was used to be a school and now is equipped as very basic hostel, bathrooms and showers are limited and will be shared according to gender. Other part of the group (11 participants) will be host in a basic hostel in the nearby town of Prizzi and moving every day to Filaga by a trasfer organised by local host and Icarus. Accommodation is in bank-beds in sharing rooms, like dormitory, bathrooms and showers are limited and will be shared according to gender. There will be Wi-Fi in both places.
Food will be organized by local people and also prepared by participants time by time.