The aim of the activity proposed is to strengthen the capacities of SCI and youth LGBTIQ+ organizations in order to contribute to more inclusive societies through the struggle for the rights of LGBTIQ+ people and the promotion of volunteering as a tool to erase hate speech towards LGBTIQ+ people.
The activity proposed has the form of a PeaceWeek, which is like a workcamp with an important part of study session.
- Create a safe space for the participants to strengthen their capacities.
- Get to know the realities of the different countries (institutional discriminations, violations of rights, LGBTIQ+ movement, resistance, alliances, asylum procedures).
- Exchange good practices.
- Get to know local projects.
- Promote volunteerism and active citizenship as tools of social transformation.
- Explore topics such as the connection between LGBTIQ+ communities and different groups/movements (feminists, sex workers, refugees/migrants).
- Explore the topics from a decolonial, anti racist perspective bringing to light different levels of discrimination and privileges.
In total, there will be a group of 22 young people from Catalonia, Switzerland, Germany, Palestine, Jordan, Serbia, Italy, Estonia, Ukraine, Madrid and Bulgaria.
The number of participants from each organization varies. This was a common decision in order to make it possible for each organisation to send at least two young activists from the organisation who an share their experience with other young activists and help us reflect on migrations and climate emergency. The participants should have at least a basic knowledge about the topic of LGBTIQ+, gender perspective and feminism, experience in social participation, especially youth participation and to be involved in the sending organization. In order for you to take full advantage of this experience, we would like you to fulfill some little tasks in preparation for the training course:
- Please talk to your Sending Organization about the local activities done related to LGBTIQ+, gender perspective and feminism.
- Think about one or more methods you would like to focus on for a potential activity.
- Do a little research about the situation of LGBTIQ+, gender perspective and feminism in your country.
- Yes, it is in Barcelona, but please don’t apply if it only makes you think about sangría and disco-balls! This training is a serious commitment and it needs to be taken as such. Thank you.
- Participants are expected to arrive on the 18h and leave on the 26th of November.
Exchange of good practices between youth workers and volunteers, networking between international organizations. Commit to take concrete actions supporting the struggles of feminist and LGBTIQ+ movements and eliminate hate speech. Motivate SCI branches to be more involved with the LGBTI movement in their local contexts.
This is a KA1 Erasmus+ project, which means that this project is financed by the European Comission. For this reason, all the food, visa, travel and accommodation expenses related to the project are covered. There is a budget for each participant depending on the country of origin. We will send you more information about it once it is prepared. It is important to keep all the tickets in order to make the reimbursement after the seminar.
SCI Catalunya will refund the payment of the tickets. We recommend travelling over land for those who can in order to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and if you can’t to offset your carbon emissions. (https://www.sci.ngo/get-involved/offset-your-carbon).
If you wish to participate, send an email with a motivation letter explaining why you would like to take part in this project to EstYES (email@example.com).
Loe lähemalt Erasmus+ koolituste kohta: https://estyes.ee/erasmus/koolitus/