This training course and evaluation seminar called International Volunteer Service for Life (hereafter IVS4Life) aims to provide the IVS group leaders with innovative skills to facilitate cross-cultural communication and self-development in their IVS camps. During this training, we especially would like to introduce forum theatre as a method to prepare group leaders for their IVS camp, with the aim to use this method back home as well.
- increase IVS camp group leaders’ skills, knowledge, attitude, and confidence to facilitate their IVS camp young volunteers’ cross-cultural exchange and personal development
- provide IVS camp group leaders with practical methods, including forum theatre, on team building, group process, problem-solving, cross-cultural communication, reflection and evaluation
- develop an action plan for the IVS camp group leaders to lead their IVS camp
- implement the lessons learned
- evaluate the activities and develop recommendations
- create international collaborations
- A training to equip IVS group leaders with the theatre and facilitation skills in order to increase their competences and confidence to facilitate intercultural learning and self-development in their IVS camps. During their stay, participants will be invited to practice with forum theatre and other non-formal education tools. This training will take place from 24-29 June 2020 in the beautiful forests in Bennekom, the Netherlands.
- Each participant will lead an IVS camp in their own country in July, August or September to implement the lessons learned and test out what works well and what is still challenging for them. Each participant will confirm with their sending organization which IVS camp they will lead.
- An evaluation seminar during which all the participants will share their experiences. They will also develop conclusions and action plans for future international cooperation. This seminar will take place in the Netherlands from 15-18 October 2020 (venue to be confirmed).
- Lead an IVS camp in the summer of 2020
- Learn additional skills, such as forum theatre, cross-cultural communication and facilitating self development
- Be part of the full project experience: training-implementation-evaluation
- Create friendships with IVS camp group leaders from all around Europe
- It is a condition that selected participants will need to get approval from their sending organisation to guide an IVS camp in order to participate in IVS4Life.
- As the training course and evaluation seminar will be conducted in English, all participants should have sufficient English knowledge to express oneselves
Kandideerimiseks loe läbi infoleht ning kirjuta aadressile [email protected] väike motivatsioonikiri ja võimalik ajalik/temaatiline soov laagrijuhiks olemiseks.
Majutus ja lennutoetus on rahastatud Erasmus+ poolt. Lennutoetus tagastatakse projekti järgselt 275€ piires.