The pandemic has provided an important lesson to youth organizations: the importance of online activities and their quality. In the past two years, many youth organizations went virtual to reach out to their youth (groups). Many experiences were gained through learning by doing or following existing experience in the online world. Looking to the future, lots of lessons learnt can be shared to keep (international) online activities of our youth organizations. This will also help us all in implementing online or blended activities that are part of the new Erasmus+ programme (2021-2027) in which these virtual activities get more attention.
The project FACE ON therefore aims to increase the quality of online activities to provide young people with fewer opportunities with improved activities to connect, exchange, engage, learn and develop at the local and international level.
FACE ON has the following objectives:
- train your facilitation skills for non-formal education activities for young people in both the online and offline space;
- exchange your experiences and best practices in online facilitation;
- create and implement your own online sessions at the European in cross-cultural groups;
- virtually evaluate your online activities organised;
- set an action plan at the local and international level.
FACE ON includes the following steps to reach these objectives:
- April: preparation of the participants;
- 4-10 May 2022: training seminar taking place in Lage Vuursche, the Netherlands;
- May-July: online sessions created and facilitated by the participants;
- August: online Evaluation Seminar to reflect on the activities organised in phase 3 the general learning process and to develop spin-off activities at local and international level.
We are inviting anyone that recognises the profile below to apply for FACE ON:
- Have interest and/or experience in facilitating online activities for young people, including basic digital competencies and technology for video conferencing,
- Willing to learn more about how to increase the quality of online activities in order to provide young people with fewer opportunities with improved activities to connect, exchange, engage, learn and develop at the local and international level,
- Be an active (voluntary) (staff) member in the partner organisations involved and involved in facilitating or organising activities for your people,
- Committed to participate in all four phases as described above,
- Interested in creating friendship and sharpening cross-cultural sensitivity with peers from all around Europe,
- Minimum 18 years old,
- Sufficient level of English to express oneself during the training seminar and online activities.
- Accommodation and meals during the training course are provided.
- Travel compensation EUR 275 for participants from Estonia.
- A small budget to cover COVID-19 tests for participants that are vaccinated/ recently recovered but that are still required to do a test to travel to/from the Netherlands (it will be equally divided if the demand is bigger than the offer). You will need to be based in one of the countries listed and travel to/from your country to be eligible to participate in FACE ON.
- Please do not book any tickets until you are confirmed to participate in FACE ON!
SIW Internationale Vrijwilligersprojecten (SIW International Volunteer Projects) is a Dutch non-governmental, non-profit voluntary service organisation that was founded in 1953. The mission of SIW is to allow (young) people to discover their impact abroad. This is achieved by bringing volunteers into contact with different cultures. Every year, SIW sends approximately 150 volunteers abroad. Besides that, SIW organises around 5 IVS camps in the Netherlands every year in cooperation with Dutch organisations like the Dutch State Forestry, Emmaus (international charitable movement to combat poverty and homelessness) and asylum seeker centres. SIW is part of international networks like CCIVS, the Alliance and SCI.
About FACE ON
FACE ON is a project that is supported by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union. The project is coordinated and implemented by SIW in close collaboration with the partners. The training course and online sessions will be facilitated by Elizabeth te Hennepe and Rob van Leeuwen, who have gained (online) facilitation competences over the past year, specifically using non-formal educational methods.
Apply by 1 March 2022.
Any questions about FACE ON? Contact Rob van Leeuwen: email@example.com.