Non-formal education can seem pretty silly: We make participants run around a room and shout the sounds of animals. We make them pretend like they are ninjas or space aliens in order to energize them in the morning. But even though we all use humor, when we coordinate volunteering projects, run youth exchanges or facilitate seminars – we almost never stop for a moment and reflect deeply on what that actually means. This seminar will be a space for that!
- Understand how laughter can support learning
- Reflect on humour in connection to teambuilding and a seminar group owning the space that they are working in
- Exchange (the silliest) energizers and point out sexism, racism or other stereotypes in energizers
- Identify conflicts around humour, e.g. when it comes to humour in relation to stereotypes and marginalized groups
- Reflect on the challenges and potentials of intercultural humour in creating an intercultural team as well as awareness on Europe among young people
- Understand the importance of finding the right timing for humour
- Discuss how humour can be used to create safe learning and exchanging space as well as destroy it
- Come up with certain rules and conclusion about humour in NFE that in the future will help us and others identify whether a joke, game etc. they were using was timely and appropriate or not
- Create a collection of (non-formal education) tools and guidelines for youth workers and NFE practitioners for the usage of humour in NFE
- Networking between organisations and networks
- the participants will be trainers, facilitators, project and volunteering camp coordinators, educators and youth workers
- all participants will be expected and stimulated to contribute to the activities and discussions. They are very welcome and invited to come up with their own ideas and present some methods or workshops they are experienced in and they want to share. Please contact us in advance to tell us about it and we will see how it can fit in the seminar agenda
- be 18 years old or older
- be active in their sending organization or any other organization to have impact
- be able to work in English
- be interested in the seminar topics and have a strong motivation to act as a multiplier
- commit to implement the learned knowledge and skills in practice back home
- commit to actively participate from the beginning to the end of the seminar
- we explicitly encourage participants of all genders, sexual orientations and ethnic backgrounds to apply
Kandideerimiseks loe kõigepealt hoolikalt läbi projekti infokiri, mille saad alla laadida vasakult. Seejärel täida ära infopakis kandideerimisavaldus.
Majutus ja toitlustus on kaetud Erasmus+ programmi poolt. Reisirahadest tagastatakse kuni 275€.