Background of the project
Grenzenlos is organising international projects and intercultural exchanges for more than 70 years. In the last years we dedicated our trainings to the topics of civil courage, human rights, peace-work and crisis management. In a time where extremisms worldwide are getting stronger, we want to provide a training to work on methods on how to prevent and fight against extremisms. As well, on how to provide better tools for volunteers to be used whenever they are confronted with extremism. We believe the international volunteering services activities are a powerful tool that can be used to bring better understanding among people. We see our work as a way to promote dialogue and understanding. In this training setting, we want to focus on the areas of dealing with conflicts related to extremist. In different fictional but realistic scenarios, the participants will develop their skills and learn from each other about the importance of preventing and fighting against extremism. In this training we work with a non-formal learning approach. We want to enable personal and social development for all participants through different interactive methods. The training consists of a mix of theoretical input, interactive and participatory methods, as well as group work.
Aims and Objectives
- To promote and teach anti-extremism work
- To promote dialog and understanding
- To share methods on how to encourage volunteers, mentors, and youth workers to seeks ways of recognising and working against extremisms.
- To sensitize young people and youth workers on situations where extremisms appear
- Train different possibilities on how to re-/act in public life
- To sensitize young people and youth workers towards dangerous situations
- To rise participants self-confidence and empower them act
- To give participants and youth organisations involved in international voluntary projects tools to stand up against racism and inequality
Who can participate?
Participants from organisations from EU countries (partner and program countries). We intend to host 2 participants/country. We are looking for participants who are active in your youth organization (volunteers, staff, trainers …). Note that all participants should be:
- 18+ (no upper age limit!);
- Involved in the work of your organisation (as staff member or as part of the organisations board, volunteers);
- Able to attend the whole duration of the training course;
- Able to work in English (if this is not possible, please let us know, if we can arrange an interpreter);
- Ready to pass the knowledge on and to implement it after the training;
- The main working language will be English.
We strongly encourage participation of people with a physical disability or other marginalized groups to the training
The training will take place in Vienna from the 14.11.-18.11.2022 (ARRIVAL DAY 13.11. DEPARTURE DAY 19.11.2022) at the Vienna Youth Hostel Brigittenau: https://www.oejhv.at/en/youth-hostels/vienna/1200-vienna/youth-hostel-brigittenau/. The venue is accessible for wheelchair users!
*Any change in the venue will be informed.
The Financial support is sought within the Erasmus+ programme, Key Action 1. Depending on the distance to Vienna you will receive a travel lump sum. For more details have a look at the Erasmus+ User’s guide 2021. Board and lodging will be covered by the Erasmus+ program. We request from each participant a participation fee of 50 Euro. The costs will be reduced from your travel reimbursement. Participants with disabilities won’t need to pay the participation feed.
Please note that we refund the travel costs earliest 8 weeks after the course (in case we have received all needed invoices and boarding passes and after you have completed your mobility report) and only to the responsible organisational accounts!
Please complete the reimbursement for with your organisation ́s bank details incl. IBAN/SWIFT code & keep all original boarding passes and invoices from your travel.
Please make sure to buy the travel health insurance that has the COVID related coverage included (possibly with quarantine accommodation, return ticket home, testing, hospitalisation and medication).
COVID related information and measures
Only fully registered participants who have provided their full name and contact details will be able to take part in a project. Depending on the current situation, a Pre-Travel Clearance to enter to Austria may be mandatory, please check the next link for more information: https://www.oesterreich.gv.at/en/themen/coronavirus_in_oesterreich/pre-travel-clearance.html .
Registration and deadline
Please make sure that we receive your applications latest till 30.06.2022. We are looking forward to receiving your expressions of interest! The training is open for EVERYONE also for participants with disabilities. The fee for Participants with a disability is covered by Grenzenlos.