Globala Kronoberg is looking for participants for the training on career path/ employability. Each participant will reflect on the most direct path to the satisfaction of doing what they like and being useful to society at the same time.
Profile of the participants
- Youth leaders/ youth workers/ active volunteers of your organisation,
- Proficient English
- Age 18+
- to facilitate youth empowerment by exploring, together with the youth leaders themselves, the development of their sense of initiative, identifying their strengths, making the most of their strengths and compensate for their weaknesses by teaming up with others,
- to meet the needs of young people who face issues with the choice of their professional path – and by doing this we want to increase youth employability and entrepreneurial initiatives.
During the training each participant will create:
- Model of their personal online Wix page that is to be completed further after the training,
- Personal ‘product’ hypothesis based on their SUPERPOWER that is a combination of individual strengths, values, meanings and existing experience. Participants will set their roadmap to continue working on this product after the training with concrete milestones and first steps already done. The personal product will be connected to their Sending organisation’s activities. The methodology contains innovative elements, such as coaching techniques and art tools in youth work.
Kronobergshed is a hostel located 10 km outside of the town of Alvesta, and about 20 km from Växjö, which is the region’s capital city. The Kronobergshed area was built as a meeting place and camp for Kronoberg’s military regiment during peacetime, and was active between 1778 and 1919. In the area you can still see the traces of where the soldiers housing quarters. During a short period in the 1950’s, the area was used to land small planes on. It’s facility has two lecture halls for 30 people each. The halls have equipment such as flipcharts, whiteboards, hearing loops etc. Large screen projector available for rent. The venue offers a spacious dining room with seating for 50 people. In total there are 36 beds in 14 rooms with 2-4 beds. The facility is owned and operated by the IOGT-NTO movement, who is a Swedish temperance movement who works for a restrictive and preventive alcohol policy in the society. Therefore, no alcohol beverages or other illegal substances are allowed in the accommodation. In addition to that, Globala Kronoberg has a non-alcohol or drug-policy, which states that no staff or participant can partake in our activities if they are intoxicated.
During the training lunch and dinner will be served in a nearby restaurant, and breakfast will be served in the hostel.
Financial conditions (Erasmus+ reimbursement info)
- Food and lodging is fully covered by the project.
- Travel budget is as follows:
Russia, Romania, Estonia, Hungary : 275 euros per participant, to and from the hosting country.
Spain: 360 euros per participant, to and from the hosting country
Insurance and Covid-19 info
All participants are required to have gotten vaccinated at least 6 weeks before the project starts . Prior to the travel to Sweden, we ask that the participants meet as few people as possible and stay at home unless otherwise needed. Upon travel to Sweden, they will test themselves, according to the travel companies rules. In case of a covid-19 outbreak, we will isolate the participant/s, and monitor the other participants who the person/s were sharing a room with. We cannot arrange single rooms, but we will have as few participants as possible in each room. In case of an outbreak, Globala Kronoberg will pay for self tests for all participants, and support any person in need of hospital care. All participants need to have valid health and travel insurance in case of sickness that will hinder them from traveling home after the project ends.
Why to apply?
Many of us are in search of a project or profession for self-realization. And we are used to thinking that we need to start by looking for what we love to do. This is not bad overall, but there is a problem. Our interests are changing. Sometimes very fast. And we rarely think about why exactly we like to do certain things. In order to find the very relatively unchanging thing that we could rely on, doing almost anything. Moreover, in the search for self-realization, we either focus on our pleasure while the benefits for society from our occupation are far-fetched, or the opposite happens: we see a society’s request for a certain activity and we get involved without thinking how much it corresponds to our mission, to the task we are best suited for. But what if there is something in us that we can grasp at, which combines the pleasure of self-realization and our greatest value to the world?
Join our training if
● you are interested to better understand your talents and aptitudes,
● you are in search for a profession of your dream and you wish to explore the process ofchoice,
● or you would like to increase the self-expression in what you are already doing and get evenbigger joy from this.
Yulia has dedicated 10 years to the International Voluntary Service movement where she gained a lot of experience in non-formal education, mostly through the role of coordinator and trainer, working directly with volunteers, group-leaders and local host coordinators. For the last 8 years she has been supporting local communities in Russia to initiate workcamps and she has been educating young leaders on topics of leadership, understanding diversity and effective communication.
Marina is a professional coach with the standards of the International Coach Federation. Since 2014 she has been a consultant on career guidance. She has been a trainer for future group-leaders in Russia since 2010 and has a solid experience in the use of non-formal education methods. Currently she specialized herself on designing educational modules on the topic of personal development and coaching.
Lisainfot Erasmus+ koolituste kohta leiad siit.