Info about the Camp (aims, tasks and activities – work, leisure and visits)
– Prevention of forest and populations against fire;
– Promotion of sustainability, environmental awareness, and biodiversity protection;
– Promotion of intercultural relationships, good environmental practices, and citizenship;
– Promotion of specific skills in the field of environmental management, nature protection and biodiversity.
Participants will perform tasks but also learn about nature conservation and engage in conservation-training activities in a forest near Lustosa (Lousada) which needs intervention in order to make it more resilient and fire-prepared. This forest also has an important role in protecting Lustosa village and Lousada against fires, since it has water and may also function as an ecological corridor/shelter for fauna.
Tasks and activities:
– Protection of the forests surrounding the village of Lustosa and Lousada (northern Portugal) against forest fires;
– Control of pyrophyte alien invasive species;
– Management of fuelwood;
– Construction of a water point for irrigation / control of possible fires;
– Rehabilitation of a degraded system for water transportation;
– Restoration of a small riparian forest;
– Improvement of local fauna, flora, and landscape;
– Encouragement of international exchange and exchange of experience;
– Presentation and discussion of the natural and social reality of the regions of origin of the participants;
– Promotion of environmentally and socially responsible attitudes and values;
– Development of action-training actions focused on individual and collective learning.
Leisure and visits:
– Visit to Guimarães, a UNESCO world heritage city.
– Sketch’n Fun (Pictionary), music, environmental movies night, traditional games, sports, quiz night, talks, cultural and environmental tours, fauna (bats, amphibians, birds) and flora observation, visit to Mata de Vilar: www.cm-lousada.pt/pt/mata-de-vilar
Accommodation/Food (kind of lodgement, number of meals, other services)
Participants will sleep in Lousada Sports’ Center, in shared bedrooms (4, 5 or 9 beds), where they have hot water showers.
Pictures and description of the Sports Center at http://www.cm-lousada.pt/pt/residencia
Participants have to bring their own towels and hygiene products, but the beds have sheets and blankets. The organization will provide breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Lunches and dinners are prepared/cooked by the municipality’s staff and served at the sports’ center canteen, but some lunches will be served in the field (sandwiches, fruits, etc.). There’s vegetarian option.
– Arrival date – 03 September 2018
– Nº of volunteers – 17
– Work language – English (but we also speak Spanish, and, of course, Portuguese)
– Insurance (kind of covers) –Death and permanent disability, work accidents, treatments, funeral, basic travel assistance.
– What to Bring (personal things) – Music and food from your region, working clothes and shoes, sun screen, a presentation on the nature of your region, towels and all needed hygiene products.
Conditions of participation (internal rules of the camp)
– High sense of citizenship and environmental protection.
– Will to work for nature protection and improvement.
– Will to learn and share nature protection techniques and good practice.
– Language skills (English preferable, but also Portuguese and Spanish).
– Always be punctual.
– Always respect others’ opinions.
See projekt ei olnud päris sinu jaoks? Veel projekte leiad andmebaasist: https://goo.gl/DzqcfY
Soovid teada rohkem korralduslikust poolest ja kandideerimisest? Vaata siia: https://estyes.ee/voimalused/vabatahtlikuna-maailmas/