LYVS is an NGO working to increase the access of young people to the information about the participation opportunities in the field of non-formal education, to develop their civil and social competencies.
– Organizing leisure time and open space for young people coming to LYVS, preparing interactive tasks, evenings on different relevant
topics, educational mini-trainings on the topics of multilingualism, youth un-/employment, mobility, social inclusion, using non-formal learning methods and tools aiming at the development of digital skills of young people and promoting healthy behaviors of the participants; board game evenings;
– Social mass youth events: another big part of LYVS activities takes place in the Republican Volunteer Center – an alliance of Belarusian NGOs. Events of the Volunteer Center happen on a regular basis, usually once in two-three months and involve from 30-1000 participants. Volunteers will be involved in all the stages of the event implementation: preparation, realization, and evaluation;
– Intercultural workshops. Our creative laboratory “Clever” has been successfully functioning for 5 years now. Volunteers will be offered this open space for holding intercultural evenings, cultural presentations. As there are many groups going for different international projects (youth exchanges, trainings, work camps, ESC) abroad, volunteers will be encouraged to participate in their preparation, share the experience of interacting in international groups and staying in foreign countries, advise on cultural differences and difficulties Belarusian volunteers may face while on the project;
– Special events and youth initiatives: as LYVS manifests itself as an open platform for young people and their ideas. ESC volunteer together with LYVS team will be involved in the processes of putting young people ideas into practice;
– Language learning and linguistic diversity activities: the demand for foreign languages is constantly growing, but due to economic reasons very few youngsters can afford visiting a language school or private lessons. Volunteers will be encouraged to launch a language course for learners of different levels, a conversational where the language can be taught in an interactive and non-formal way.
– The volunteer is encouraged to use her creativity to develop her own projects relating to the work of the receiving organization. It will make 30% of project time and project activities.
“League of Youth Voluntary Service” is looking to recruit the volunteer who is open to new cultures, open-minded and tolerant and is ready to work in an environment that can present various challenges. A volunteer is required to have at least basic/intermediate knowledge of Russian. No other special skills are required. A volunteer and will be introduced to all the activities of the host organization step by step and will receive appropriate task-related support and guidance for the successful implementation of the project.
We are looking for a person who is able to work on her own and as a part of a team, willing to learn and share experience, motivated and enthusiastic about working with young people and the community. TAs the project activities involve working with young people coming from different social and economic backgrounds, the volunteer has to be open to such groups of people. We are expecting our volunteer to be flexible, reliable, and punctual and have an organizational talent. A sense of responsibility is also important to us.
Kandideerimiseks saada oma ingliskeelne CV ja motivatsioonikiri [email protected] Sobivate kandidaatidega viiakse läbi Skype vestlus.
Tegemist on Euroopa Solidaarsuskorpuse programmi raames toimuva projektiga. Toitlustus ja majutus on kaetud projekti poolt. Lisaks on vabatahtlikule ette nähtud taskuraha. Lennupiletite maksumus hüvitatakse vastavalt läbitud vahemaale.