The project takes place from March 2020 until December 2020 and intends to broaden the horizon of young people beyond their own homeland and connect youngsters from different European countries by sharing interests, wishes, problems and aspirations with each other. It should make young people understand that peace is not something to take for granted, but something that is created together.
The volunteer works with about 13 to 18 years old young people from Germany and online with youngsters from other countries to find out what kind of youth movements are currently active in European Union. The Peace Project should end with an exhibition about desires, longings and dreams of the young people around Europe. The work should be carried out as independently as possible, but there will be full support from the youth centre workers and the project manager.
The cosy Jugendtreff Hagen youth centre, its friendly team, guests and local school students will be the basis for the volunteer and project. The volunteer will do regular youth work with the children during the opening hours (3 hours x 3 days a week) and focus on the Peace Project for the other working hours. The documentation of the entire project in all its stages of development is the responsibility of the volunteer.
What will be provided for the volunteer
- reimbursement of travel costs up to 360€
- an adventurous weeklong summer sailing trip in Netherlands
- free accommodation in a flat in Ahrensburg
- free food in the youth centre
- pocket money and food budget 450€/month
- equipment and materials for the project
- support from the youth centre team
- language exchange
Requirements for the candidate
- an intelligent young person in between 18 and 30 years old
- good spoken and written communication skills
- available for 12 months
- strongly motivated to work with children and young people
- passionate about international volunteer work
- interested in learning German
Send your Motivation letter and CV to email@example.com.