SEEDS is an Icelandic non-governmental, non-profit-organisation with international scope. Our main field of activities are related to the promotion of volunteering and cultural understanding through the work on nature-oriented, outdoor and environmental issues. More details about SEEDS and our activities can be found at www.seeds.is.
The scope of activities for the volunteers will change during their stay in Iceland and can be chronologically divided in the following four (4) different stages:
1. Arrival. SEEDS will organise an on-arrival project-specific orientation training. During this time volunteers will be given tools and theoretical knowledge combined with practical tasks in order to prepare them for the stay and the activities. Volunteers will be introduced to few main topics; SEEDS as the hosting organisation, Iceland as the hosting country, intercultural awareness and leadership. Intercultural, recreational and integration activities will be organised with the active
involvement of the volunteers.
2. Pilot project. Before leading their own workcamps, volunteers have a pilot project with experienced leaders. This aims at building confidence with the camp environment, to experience how a workcamp is run, to face possible challenging situations and to try out the tools given in training stage.
3. Workcamps. After the training, the volunteers will run and lead workcamps, sometimes alone and sometimes with a co-leader. Workcamps are the most common form of short-term volunteering and are projects where a group of volunteers live and work together, generally between 9-14 days. In winter period, the projects are awareness campaigns and global education projects, artistic projects and projects focused on environmental education. The work in the field can be very demanding and volunteers will be highly active, which requires a great deal of energy, enthusiasm, self initiative and ability to work under extreme conditions, travelling and moving very often, meeting new people and leaving them after relatively short time. Volunteers need to take enough days free (in average 4) between workcamps to rest and be ready for the next one.
4. Evaluation. After the camp season, an evaluation of their experience will be undertaken. The feedback and input will be used in order to plan next years and to raise the quality of the voluntary service.
We are looking for candidates who are:
● Interested in environmental issues
● Interested to spend time with people from all over the world
● Positive and flexible
● Ready to work outside
● Ready to lead international groups
Kandideerimiseks täida ära SEEDS kandideerimisvorm, mille leiad siit. Seejärel saada täidetud kandideerimisvorm koos ingliskeelse CV ja motivatsioonikirjaga aadressil [email protected] Kirja pealkirjaks pane “Application SEEDS – September 2019” ja lisa koopiasse [email protected] Enne projekti kandideerimist loe kindlasti läbi projekti kirjeldus ja pea seda silmas ka oma motivatsioonikirja kirjutades. Kandideerimistähtaeg 30. juuni.