Tallinn Kullatera Kindergarten is a municipality kindergarten which has been established in 1950. There are 9 groups in the kindergarten. Educational activities will take place in Estonian language. The kindergarten has joined with the program “Temptation free kindergarten” and the network “Health Promoting Kindergarten”.
In daily activities they have mission: A kindergarten that cooperates with a playful, creative and innovative approach. Principal value: child- centered, safety, openness, reliability, humanity.
Kindergarten activities keywords are safety, innovation, values, traditions, lifelong learning and caring of cooperation.
Education and schooling process: child-centered playful learning. Kindergarten teaching activities keywords are child-centered approach, playfulness, using new methodics and innovative approach, considering the child’s natural interest, development and accepting kids ideas. Kindergarten implements inclusive education, supports children’s individual/ speech development, offers different options to take part hobbies. Kindergarten support children’s wishes to take a part of exhibitions and competitions.
The Innovation Center Roboaed is located in the Tallinn Kullatera Kindergarten. In the Innovation Center, learning activities are based on modern learning concepts and models and methodologies. By setting up laboratories, the project participants want to raise interest in engineering and technology, as well as in their knowledge and life-related problems.
Tallinn Kullatera Kindergarten is located in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia. Tallinn is situated on the southern coast of the Gulf of Finland, in north-western Estonia. It takes around 10 minutes by bus to get to the city center.
Work tasks and proposed activities
- Helping the teachers in everyday indoor and outdoor activities and feasible participating in learning activities
- Assisting kids in dressing for going out to play int the yard
- Helping kids before and after mid-day sleep and during their meals
- Joining the groups to their visits to museums, art exhibitions, sport events etc
- Sharing his/her own culture
- Participating in the traditional kindergarten events
- The volunteer can offer and conduct linguistic, cultural, artistic and movement activities based on his or her interests, skills and desires, independently and in collaboration with the kindergarten team
Benefits for volunteering
- Volunteers have the opportunity to learn various educational robots and smart gadgets, and to assist teachers in transforming educational activities with educational robots
- Opportunity to learn a new language
- Learning how to work with kids and in a team
Requirements for the volunteer
- Ready to work with children and is calm and patient with children
- Well-tolerated and ready to face new challenges in a new environment
- Friendly and open-minded
- Speaking English on a basic communication level;
- Optimistic and cheerful.
- Open to new ideas
To apply fill in the application form in the left column and send it to [email protected]
NB! We are a bit flexible regarding the project dates which means we can change the service dates according to the needs of volunteer.