Selles projektis elad ja töötad väikese Cadillaci nimelises linnas Edela-Prantsusmaal, 30 km Bordeaux’st. Väike koht võimaldab õppida tundma kohaliku kultuuri ja eluolu lähemalt ja ehedamalt kui elu suurlinnas. Igapäevases töös abistad koos sotsiaaltöötajaga erivajadustega inimesi, lood neile võimalusi suhtlemiseks ja aitad koguda enesekindlust. Lisaks on vabatahtlik kaasatud Concordia üritustesse (jõululaada organiseerimine, õiglase kaubanduse poe abistamine, koos teiste vabatahtlikega organiseeritavad üritused, organisatsiooni aias abistamine vmt). Samuti on võimalus osaleda Concordia poolt korraldavates rahvusvahelistes töölaagrites ja viia läbi oma isiklikke initsiatiivprojekte.
Concordia is a French national non-governmental and non-profit making organization, founded in 1950 by English, German and French youngsters. Their aim was to enhance the values of tolerance and peace after the 2nd world war by organizing international workcamps of young volunteers. Nowadays their objectives are:
– Education in helping young people to grow up by acquisition of collective life.
– Culture in favoring the youth exchanges on an international level, always emphasizing the values of peace, friendship and mutual respect.
– Social in taking part in concrete actions of solidarity, as well as supporting a civic attitude
– Social economy in contributing to realization of local development, in favor of the environment, patrimony, tourism and socio-educational animation.
The project takes place in the region of Aquitaine, south-west of France in a little city called Cadillac, 30 kilometres far from Bordeaux. This region is well known for the diversity of landscape, ocean (1h30), mountains (3h) and touristic places such as Saint Emilion, la dune du Pillat, le bassin d’Arcachon… Moreover, the area is rich in its cultural and environmental heritage and vineyard is also a very important activity of the region. During this project the volunteer will work with a local association in Cadillac called Entre Acte. This association is working during day time with people with
disabilities (mental illness).
The main task of the volunteer is to work with mentally disabled people who live on their own in order to break their cycle of loneliness, restoring/ maintaining social links and helping them to regain their self-confidence.
In particular the volunteer will:
– Help out the social worker
– Organize activities with the patients about the country or the passion of the volunteer (cooking, relaxation, helping them to write the newsletter of the association Entracte, painting, acting…)
– Participate in outdoor activities with them
– Participate to the weekly meeting with the team
Being involved in the life of the associationThe detailed activities will be proposed by the volunteer according to his/her skills and interests and with the support of the pedagogical team. The project will also allow the volunteer to know and develop new pedagogical techniques in term of work with mentally disabled people. During the summer, the volunteer will lead or co-lead 2 international volunteers’ work camps with Concordia and will have a training for that.
– Basic knowledge in French OR motivation to learn French
– Motivation to work with disabled people. Experiences in the field will be a plus
– Cultural, artistic or sport skills are more than welcome
– Be flexible, autonomous and open to meet/live with new people, to think outside of the box
– Be willing to develop a personal project
– Motivation to discover the associative world and all its activities
– Driving license
– Availability to start in October 2019
Kandideerimiseks saada oma ingliskeelne CV ja täidetud kandideerimisvorm aadressil [email protected], lisades kirja koopiasse [email protected] Sobivamate kandidaatidega tehakse Skype intervjuu. Enne kandideerimist tutvu kindlasti projekti kirjeldusega, mille leiad lehe vasakust servast “Lisainfo” alt.
Tegemist on Euroopa Solidaarsuskorpuse programmi raames toimuva projektiga. Toitlustus ja majutus on kaetud projekti poolt. Lisaks on vabatahtlikule ette nähtud taskuraha. Lennupiletite maksumus hüvitatakse vastavalt läbitud vahemaale.