By organising international voluntary projects, educational programs and campaigns we assist to the development of tolerant and open society and encourage active and responsible approach to the world around us both locally and globally. We create space in which people can gain new experience, expand their skills and develop their own views of the complexity of the world around them. We believe that volunteering is an asset, beneficial for all individuals and communities involved and we strive to promote volunteering and its perception as a way to
tolerance, recognition and sustainable future.
Volunteer will have an opportunity to get to know the wide range of INEX-SDA activities and projects and get involved in many of them according to his/her own personal interest. However, his/her work will be mainly focused on supporting our activities in International Volunteering. EVS volunteer will support the organisation of the over 30 workcamps in the Czech Republic, communicate with our partner organisations abroad and administer hosting of volunteers from all over the world.
The project will host one volunteer for 12 months (February 2019 – January 2020).
Proposed volunteer’s tasks:
1. Administrative support of international voluntary exchange (workcamps): getting to know the system of exchange, administering applications of volunteers, updating the internal database of projects and volunteers;
2. Taking active part in trainings and seminars of INEX-SDA (trainings for campleaders in the Czech Republic, preparatory trainings for volunteers going abroad, meeting of the partners);
3. Raising awareness about volunteering, voluntary projects and intercultural exchanges among the Czech youth at different regions of the Czech Republic (presentations, promo actions, meetings etc.);
4. Possibility to take part in a voluntary project as a campleader and prepare, organise and facilitate educational workshops on various topics;
5. Possibility to get involved in the project supporting social entrepreneurship;
6. Getting to know different Czech and international NGOs and their work and projects (through platforms INEX-SDA is involved in);
7. Opportunity to develop own project according to his/her interest.
The volunteer becomes a member of the INEX-SDA team and participate in all parts of the organisation’s life such as regular office meetings, public and promotional events etc. He/she will cooperate closely with project coordinators and other team members who will provide guidance and support in taken tasks within the project he/she will be involved in.
The office is run on everyday basis. Working hours of volunteers are flexible within 9 am to 5 pm. Sometimes there can be work during weekends (training, seminars) but this will be always compensated by a time off at alternative days.
The volunteer will receive pocket money and food allowance every month, ticket for public transportation in Prague and Czech language classes. For the whole project period the volunteer is provided with insurance through the EVS Programme by Cigna insurance company. Travel from home to the Czech Republic and back is covered according to the program rules. The volunteer will be provided with a mentor to support his/her wellbeing during the whole project.
The volunteer will live in a fully equipped flat in Prague about 30 minutes away from the office by public transport. The flat is shared with our second EVS volunteer.
For the same period a second EVS volunteer from another country is selected to support our project Football for Development.
PROFILE OF THE VOLUNTEER
Our project is open to anybody with an interest in our activities and projects and a strong motivation in becoming an active member of our team. We welcome open-minded and flexible person with willingness to learn and invest own energy and ideas into the common goals and eventually develop their own project. He/she should be able to work independently as well as in a team. Volunteer should be prepared that a lot of work is of administrative character and not always in the field. Previous experience with volunteering and involvement in the NGO sector can be valuable but is not required. Good knowledge of English and good communication skills are desirable.
Kandideerimiseks täida ära küsimustik motivational questionnaiare_Volunteering with INEX-SDA ja saada see aadressile email@example.com
EVS vabatahtlik (uue nimega ESC ehk European Solidarity Corps) ei pea projekti jooksul tasuma toitlustuse ega majutuse eest. Lisaks antakse vabatahtlikule taskuraha. Lennupiletite maksumus hüvitatakse vastavalt läbitud vahemaale.
- Kandideerimise tähtaeg:
- 01.02.2019 - 31.01.2020
- 18 - 30