Project: Alternative school is an educational establishment with a curriculum and methods that are nontraditional. These schools have a special curriculum offering a more flexible program of study than a formal school. A wide range of philosophies and teaching methods are offered by alternative schools; some have strong political, scholarly, or philosophical orientations, and dissatisfied with some aspects of mainstream or formal education.
Green Dream is especially focusing on eco-farming education, independency, peace and community-based education. Therefore, the school expects international volunteers who can bring creative and non-formal teaching methods, deliver the information of various countries, cultures and languages, and build friendships with students. It will be a very unique experience to volunteers who are interested in sharing your personal background/knowledge with students and learning the unique education system.
– Teaching English to students
– Participating classes with students: Pottery class, arts class, etc.
– Joining outdoor activities with students: hiking and field trip
– Teaching English in local children center near the school once a week
– Age & Number of students: 16 to 18 years old and about 40 students at the school
– Number of teachers: about 20 teachers with 1 English teacher (A main communicator with foreign volunteers)
Extra activities: The school may invite you to join them on field trips, such as hiking, cycling, etc.
Qualifications of Volunteers:
1) Essential qualification
– Those who have teaching experience or are interested in teaching . (Especially with non-formal methods)
– Those who are interested in teenagers and socialize with them.
2) Preferred qualification
– Apart from school schedule, you need to be independent to manage your own free time.
Location: Muju, Jeollabuk-do province. It takes 3 hours from Seoul by express bus.
Terminal: Muju Anseong Bus Terminal
Visa: NO VISA required to people from European Union within 90 days staying in
Accommodation: A Shared room with other volunteers or students in school dormitory
Food: Provided meal in school cafeteria
Working Hours: Monday to Friday (5-7 hours)
Free time: Weekends and national holidays (All people including volunteers have to leave the school on weekend per every
two weeks. And for the cost of staying outside, the school will provide pocket money)
Fee: €200 for a project
See projekt ei olnud päris sinu jaoks? Veel projekte leiad andmebaasist: https://goo.gl/DzqcfY
Soovid teada rohkem korralduslikust poolest ja kandideerimisest? Vaata siia: http://estyes.ee/voimalused/vabatahtlikuna-maailmas/
- 12.09.2018 - 07.12.2018
- 19 - 35
- Projekti kood:
- 130€ osalustasu ja 25€ ühekordne liikmemaks. Majutus ja toitlustus on kaetud, transpordi eest tuleb ise tasuda. 200€ osalustasu korraldajale