Football for Development is a unique concept based on the principle of fair play, equality and teamwork. Our aim is to bring together groups or people from different social or cultural backgrounds. Through football we promote mutual respect and tolerance, not only on the field but also in everyday life. Our program includes regional capacity building activities, fair-play leagues, promotional events and a yearly summer campaign, which constitutes the peak of our activities. It is a summer ambassadorship program, a one-month educational tour throughout the country, which unites young leaders from Czech Republic and countries outside Europe. Together the young leaders put together a team that organizes tournaments, public events, workshops and other educational activities for children and young people. Thanks to these football tournaments we manage every year to involve more than 1,500 young people. The campaign takes place in June/July each year in several regions of the Czech Republic.
After the main season of the project Football for Development, the volunteer will get a chance to focus on his/her own project together with supporting other projects and activities connected with the global learning and non-formal education (trainings, seminars, entrepreneurship program).
The project will host one volunteer for 12 months (February 2019 – January 2020).
Proposed volunteer’s tasks:
1. Assisting with the preparation and coordination of the “Football for Development” project from February to July. While taking part in organisation and preparation tasks before the campaign starts, the volunteer will be appointed to communicate with the international participants and the administration associated with their arrival to the Czech Republic. In the course of the campaign itself the volunteer will be supporting the youth during their travel around the Czech Republic in co-organizing public events, football tournaments, youth workshops, and assisting the project coordinator with financial management, documenting the campaign, etc.;
2. Support of educational programmes and trainings organised by INEX-SDA. These have various focus (global learning topics, social inclusion, leadership, practical skills such as project management etc.) The volunteer can take part, but also co-organize them or help facilitating them as a junior facilitator. This depends very much on the volunteer’s interest and learning priorities.;
3. Possibility to get involved in the program supporing social entrepreneurship;
4. Raising awareness about volunteering, voluntary projects and intercultural exchanges among the Czech youth (organizing promo events or presentations);
5. Opportunity to develop own project according to his/her interest.
The volunteer becomes a member of the INEX-SDA team and participate in all parts of the organisation’s life such as regular office meetings, public and promotional events etc. He/she will cooperate closely with project coordinators and other team members who will provide guidance and support in taken tasks within the project he/she will be involved in.
The office is run on everyday basis. Working hours of volunteers are flexible within 9 am to 5 pm. Sometimes there can be work during weekends (training, seminars) but this will be always compensated by a time off at alternative days.
The volunteer will receive pocket money and food allowance every month, ticket for public transportation in Prague and Czech language classes. For the whole project period the volunteer is provided with insurance through the EVS Programme by Cigna insurance company. Travel from home to the Czech Republic and back is covered according to the program rules. The volunteer will be provided with a mentor to support his/her wellbeing during the whole project.
The volunteer will live in a fully equipped flat in Prague about 30 minutes away from the office by public transport. The flat is shared with our second EVS volunteer.
For the same period a second EVS volunteer from another country is selected to support our project Volunteering with INEX-SDA.
PROFILE OF THE VOLUNTEER
Our project is open to anybody with an interest in our activities and projects and a strong motivation in becoming an active member of our team. We welcome open-minded and flexible person with willingness to learn and invest own energy and ideas into the common goals and eventually develop their own project. He/she should be able to work independently as well as in a team. Volunteer should be prepared that a lot of work is of administrative character and not always in the field. Previous experience with volunteering and involvement in the NGO sector can be valuable but is not required. Good knowledge of English and good communication skills are desirable.
Kandideerimiseks täida ära küsimustik motivational questionnaiare_Football for development ja saada see aadressile firstname.lastname@example.org
EVS vabatahtlik (uue nimega ESC ehk European Solidarity Corps) ei pea projekti jooksul tasuma toitlustuse ega majutuse eest. Lisaks antakse vabatahtlikule taskuraha. Lennupiletite maksumus hüvitatakse vastavalt läbitud vahemaale.
- Kandideerimise tähtaeg:
- 01.02.2019 - 31.01.2020
- 18 - 28