Project aim and objectives:
Volunteers Centre Skopje created this project “Voices”, monthly magazine for young people from Skopje “Voices” and workshops with youth with following objectives:
• To provide young people with information about voluntarism in general and “Erasmus + Programme” in particular.
• To turn the attention of the young people to the issues, which are not generally discussed in public or in mass media: environment, gender quality, educational opportunities, discrimination, disability and others.
• To inform and discuss about the variety of interesting topics that are related to young people in Macedonia.
• To bring together young people from different cultural and ethnical backgrounds and to give them positive teamwork experience.
There are six main blocks of activities in which volunteer will be involved:
1. Planning and evaluation activities. Meetings with the mentor and staff workers of the organization to plan the work and set tasks, to exchange ideas, plans and actualities, as well as to monitor the progress of the project and to reflect on the development and intercultural learning process of the volunteer.
2. Assistance in the current projects of the organization. The volunteers will assist in the office work and activities that are related to their EVS project. This includes updating organization website, helping to organize local and international seminars and exchanges, and participating in the promotional events of the EVS, non-formal education and volunteerism. These events might include meetings with young people at schools and universities, promotion of the project in different organizations and institutions, meeting mass media.
3. Activities related to the publishing and distribution of the magazine: researching, following events and actualities, meeting and interviewing young people and experts in different fields, taking pictures, editing texts, coordinating translations, making design, distributing magazine, searching for new local volunteers. In the schedule there are emphasized also four deadlines and main meetings of the editorial team: planning meeting of the next month issue when volunteers do brainstorming about topics and agree on tasks; deadline and progress meeting for completing articles in original language of writing; deadline for receiving translations and deadline of completing design. Volunteer will work also to develop online web version of VOICES: together with staff he or she will elaborate conception and structure of this website and later prepare and publish articles. Also former volunteers will be invited to involve in the
Creation and maintenance of VOICES blog and to continue to share the knowledge about non-governmental sector and volunteerism in their countries and write comments about topics concerning them including life and work after EVS.
4. Cooperation with local community: involvement in other projects that are organized in cooperation among Volunteers Centre Skopje and our local partners. With aim to encourage and facilitate exchange of experiences and best practices, the volunteer will organize creative workshops in the Daily centre for children from the streets (Roma children), upon the interest and skills of the volunteer. The workshops will be implemented one-two times per week. As well, the volunteer will be engaged in organizing and implementing non-formal education workshops in the carrier centers in the high schools in Skopje, where VCS has established cooperation, The workshops will be based on development of soft skills among the students/pupils in the high schools.
5. Planning and realizing individual project. We have planned more time for individual project, because we have realized that volunteers have very different interests and ideas and that they are mostly interested to develop some of their ideas and to organize more activities for local people. Mentor will help volunteer to realize their own project and to get contacts needed for that. Mentor will propose to the volunteer also to involve in some other local project if volunteer would wish so like making workshops for children without parents, working with Roma communities or become involved more actively in work with youth exchanges and trainings, or with promotion of Erasmus + Programme, organizing artistic or environmental events, culture activities, humanitarian actions and other events.
6. Learning activities that include language lessons and skills. Volunteers Centre Skopje will provide basic technical skills training that is required for successful performance of the tasks of the volunteers. This might include journalism and design skills, media and cultural production workshops, as well as basic training in writing grant applications and project management under Erasmus + Programme. The volunteers will attend Macedonian language lessons at least two times per week for their entire stay in Macedonia.
Kandideerimiseks saada oma inglise keelne CV ja motivatsioonikiri aadressile email@example.com
EVS vabatahtlik ei pea projekti jooksul tasuma toitlustuse ega majutuse eest. Lisaks antakse vabatahtlikule taskuraha. Lennupiletite maksumus hüvitatakse vastavalt läbitud vahemaale.
- Kandideerimise tähtaeg:
- 01.05.2018 - 30.04.2019
- Skopje, Makedoonia
- 18 - 30