Where: Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
When: August/September 2018 9-12 months (depending on the needs of the selected volunteers)
Hosting Organisation: Volunteers Centre Skopje
About the Hosting Organisation: “Volunteers Centre Skopje” is a non-governmental youth organization created in 2005. The main goal of the organization is to give non-formal educational possibilities to the young people, in different fields, in local and international level; to promote the idea of volunteerism and to connect young people without reference to their nationality, religion, political, economical or social status.
About the project: VOICES magazine is online monthly magazine, with four printed editions yearly, issued in three languages – in English and in both official languages of Macedonia: Albanian and Macedonian. Project aims to promote and support active citizenship and active involvement of the young people in the life of their community. Work in the magazine helps both to EVS volunteers and to local volunteers to gain skills that are important for them in order to be a part of civil society: critical thinking, media literacy and argumentation skills. Young people learn to be more active citizens who are monitoring events and processes in the society and know how to involve in and impact solving of different matters.
Activities for a volunteer:
- Planning and evaluation activities. Meetings with the mentor and staff workers of the organization to plan the work and set tasks, to exchange ideas, plans and actualities, as well as to monitor the progress of the project and to reflect on the development and intercultural learning process of the volunteer.
- Activities related to the publishing and distribution of the magazine: workshops with professional journalists and cooperation with various media, researching, following events and actualities, meeting and interviewing young people and experts in different fields, taking pictures, editing texts, coordinating translations, making design and publishing on issue, posting texts on blog, distributing magazine, searching for new local volunteers.
- Assistance in the current projects of the organization.The volunteers will assist in the office work and activities that are related to their EVS project. This includes updating organization website, helping to organize local and international seminars and exchanges, and participating in the promotional events of the EVS, non-formal education and volunteerism.
- Cooperation with local community: involvement in other projects that are organized in cooperation among Volunteers Centre Skopje and our local partners. As well, the volunteer will be engaged in organizing and implementing non-formal education workshops in the carrier centers in the high schools in Skopje.
- Planning and realizing individual project.
- Learning activities that include language lessons and skills. Volunteers Centre Skopje will provide basic technical skills training that is required for successful performance of the tasks of the volunteers. This might include journalism and design skills, media and cultural production workshops, as well as basic training in writing grant applications and project management under Erasmus + Programme. The volunteers will attend Macedonian language lessons at least two times per week for their entire stay in Macedonia.
To apply send an email to email@example.com until 19th of January.
Projekti oodatakse osalema inimesi vanuses 18-30. EVS projektis on kaetud majutus ja toitlustus. Vabatahtlikule antakse ka taskuraha. Transpordikulud hüvitatakse vastavalt läbitud distantsile.
- Kandideerimise tähtaeg:
- 18 - 29