Projekti ingliskeelne kirjeldus:
FADEAM- Els Avets de Moià Foundation is a non-profit organization whose main mission is the attention and care of adult persons with intellectual disabilities. It is partially financed by the government of Catalonia. The attention is based on the relationship established with persons with disabilities to achieve an inclusive and home-like dimension. Our goal is to offer persons with intellectual disabilities a place to live and develop all their skills and autonomy and support them in their participation and inclusion into society. The organization is part of the International Federation of L’Arche Communities (www.larche.org) for people with intellectual disability; we are at present more than 150 communities around the world.
The aim is to establish mutual relationships, where inclusion, participation, and responsibility are goals for people with disabilities both in the organization and in society. Therefore, inclusion in society is essential to be open to the world that surrounds us and be part of the life of our town.
1. Attention to the persons (as support to educators and professionals):
– Support to professional staff in charge of accompanying users in their daily activities (personal hygiene, services, activities,…) and in special moments (happy moments, deceases, losses and mourning times, illnesses,…)
– Support the monitoring of the PIR (individual programme) of each person in different areas: personal hygiene, food habits, health, social life and relations,… through observation and listening to each person. The volunteer will be invited to make proposals to update and improve the PIRs.
– Knowledge of the general project of the home and its application to daily life.
– Collaborate with the professional team with the pedagogical methods for each person (stated in the meeting with the psychologist)
2. Home dynamics (as support to educator and professionals):
– Helping with the quality of the co-existence and relations in the home: entertaining, stimulation, acceptance of differences, conflict solving, and dialogue.
– Participate actively in the weekly coordination home meeting, sharing and enabling communication and participation
– Collaborate in planning activities in and outside the home
– Promote feast and celebration periods: birthdays, folk feasts,…
– Collaborate with the organisation of the home so that everybody feels good. For ex. promoting alternatives for elders who cannot follow general activities.
3. Team work (as support to educator and professionals):
– Participate with all the home team (assistants, responsible, educators)
– Participate actively in all meetings proposed (home, with psychologist…)
– Provide ideas, accept limits, ask for help, give support, use complementary skills,…
– Collaborate in welcoming new team members and try to accept changes needed for it (tasks distribution,…)
4. Material matters (as support to educator and professionals):
– Within the global educational project of the center, collaborate with the care of the house, equipment, garden,…
– Take care of the economy of the house, helping to buy the needed things according to the budget.
– Collaborate in cooking according to the security and hygiene rules and following individual diets when needed.
– Take care of the vehicles with adequate driving and helping with the regular cleaning.
These activities are not just a routine; this is a comprehensive daily life project where all activities are related to a relational and integral model of life.
5. Community matters (as support to assistants and professionals):
– Collaborate in maintaining an attitude of respect and openness to know the characteristics of the Arche communities
– Participate in community activities such as feasts, fairs, celebrations, community meetings, …
Any contribution of volunteers is welcomed and considered.
Timetable and activities schedules may be changed when needed by the center, the volunteer or for a better adaptation to his/her profile.
Kandideerimiseks täida esmalt kandideerimisvorm, mille leiad siit. Seejärel saada oma ingliskeelne CV ja motivatsioonikiri aadressil email@example.com, lisades kirja koopiasse firstname.lastname@example.org. Kandideerida saab kuni 22. aprillini k.a.
Tegemist on Euroopa Solidaarsuskorpuse vabatahtliku teenistuse projektiga. Vabatahtlik ei pea projekti jooksul tasuma toitlustuse ega majutuse eest. Lisaks on vabatahtlikule ette nähtud taskuraha. Lennupiletite maksumus hüvitatakse vastavalt läbitud vahemaale.
- Kandideerimise tähtaeg:
- 01.09.2019 - 31.08.2020
- Moià, Hispaania
- 18 - 30